« Home | Sooji (Semolina) Ka Halwa » | Sookhe Kaale Chane - Ashtami Waale! » | Kaddu Ki Poori (Red Pumpkin Poori) » | NavRatri - The Festival Of Nine Nights » | Meetha Paratha - A Quick Breakfast! » | Kaale Chane Rasse Waale with Brown Jeera Rice » | Yet Another Indian Food Blog! » 

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 

Pudina (Mint) Paneer

Its been quite a few days that I have't posted anything...not that I haven't cooked..but just that I haven't been able to get around to posting whatever I cooked! Is something wrong with my time management or does it happen to anyone who has a 18 month old toddler??!! Its so diffiult finding some 'ME' time..and at times like these I think I made a good decision to take a break from a full time job....otherwise trying to be a super perfectionist that I always want to be - juggling domestic chores, cooking, a job, a baby plus the other 101 things-to-do that I somehow manage to invent for myself would have surely taken its toll on me!

I almost always have "Paneer" in my refrigerator as Tanisha (the 18 month old in discussion above!) loves having it plain. And when I had just some 15 miutes on hand to dish up dinner, and no stock of any other vegetable except for some tomatoes, I quickly turned to Nita Mehta's "More Paneer" recipe book for help!

And this is what I made - Pudina (Mint) Paneer!!(I had some dried Pudina stored away in a box as well and had totally forgotten about it until I came across this recipe) Very simple..and easy..

Take 2 Tomatoes and cut them into 4 big pieces. Remove the pulp and chop it into tiny pieces. Keep the pulp aside.

Take 200-250 gms Paneer and cut into 1/2" cubes.

Heat 2-3 tbsp Oil and add 2 Onions, sliced very finely, to it. Cook till it is light brown. Add 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder and Salt to taste. Cook for around 1/2 a minute more.

Add the tomato pulp and cook for another 2 minutes till it dries up.

Next add the Paneer, 1/2 bunch freshly chopped Pudina (Mint Leaves) or 1/4 cup dried Pudina, and the chopped tomato pieces.

Add 3/4 tsp Garam Masala, cook for 2 more minutes and remove from fire.
Done!